Thursday, June 14, 2012

The dream.

I had a weird dream last night. Those of you who specialize in dream interpretation feel free to enlighten me. I was at work, at the mail table, unwrapping a book that had just come in. (BTW, I usually work with serials as opposed to books.) I have no idea what the book was about but it looked interesting. Some guy whom I don't know, not one of our staff, was walking by and saw that I was taking a look at the book. Next thing I know I am at this person's office and see that he is holding my sister hostage, she is sitting in a chair, I see handcuffs, and he wants the book in exchange for my sister. That's where it ends. Needless to say I would have given him the book.
This dream may be related to the story my sister told us about her recent visit to an aesthetics shop that I recommended where she had a manicure and pedicure. She was quite happy with the outcome of her visit but told us that while there she came close to being electrocuted.
She was sitting back in her chair reading, with her feet soaking and the aesthetician out of the room. She gradually came to realize that her feet were getting quite uncomfortable, the temperature of the water seemed to be getting hotter and hotter. She called out to the young woman who had set her up in the room and then left her alone. It took a little while to get her attention but finally she came in, took in the scene and exclaimed "Oh, my God!" Water was still running into the basin and also cascading onto the floor on which there was a tangle of electrical cords that were plugged into various outlets. Also on the floor were my sister's sandals which were already getting wet. My sister asked the young woman to rescue her shoes from the flood, but she was so intent on cleaning up the water that she just said "Oh they will be fine" but my sister insisted, they were a relatively expensive pair of sandals.
The aesthetician thought that the flood was caused by my sister, that she had somehow knocked the tap loose but my sister doesn't think so, she said it would have taken a conscious effort and some foot maneuvering to turn the tap on. My sister laughed off the whole episode but I was horrified, especially since I had recommended that she go there. Thankfully, it all turned out all right but perhaps this is why I had a dream with my sister sitting in a chair, in danger. But the part about the book as the ransom?

No comments:

Post a Comment